Gymnastics classes are back!
We are excited to have commenced our interim six-week ‘bounce back to gymnastics’ program. We missed our gymnasts so much over the closure period.
Availability in our interim program is limited and we will now be opening bookings up to new gymnasts looking to participate.
Our coaches have planned a range of COVID-safe practices and gymnastics lessons to ensure we can provide the safest program possible for our staff and gymnasts as we return to training.
If you are interested in enrolling in the interim gymnastics program please contact us at email@example.com or you can book a call back appointment for a time that suits you and a member of our team will contact you directly.
Gymnastics Classes will look a little different for a while. The initial six-week program will focus on practicing basic skills and building the body back up following a seven-month absence. Our main priority is our gymnasts’ enjoyment and safety within the program, which is why we need to be careful and ease back into our training gradually. You’ll notice changes to our timetable, teaching methods, cleaning, lesson plans and procedures.
Due to current restrictions we are unable to cater for everyone and this may mean that some gymnasts miss out.
Please read the below FAQs prior to attending our centre.
Book your gymnastics classes today!
- We are now taking bookings for our 6- week interim gymnastics program.
- Our interim program will run weekly from Monday 9th November – Sunday 20th December, 2020.
- New gymnasts are welcome.
- Enrolment will involve an upfront payment for the remaining weeks in the program at the time of booking.
- We will continue to follow Victorian Government’s health guidelines, and there will be a restricted number of people allowed within the gymnastics hall at any given time.
Timetable of classes
- We have developed a modified timetable, which you can find below.
- This schedule has reduced classes, where possible we have placed classes on similar days and times.
- We will assess all classes over the initial weeks and will make adjustments where required. This may include reducing, moving or adding classes.
General return information
- We will be following Gymnastics Victoria’s “Get In, Train, Get Out” guidelines.
- All families are to read the Boroondara Sports Complex Gymnastics Handbook, which provides in depth information on returning to gymnastics, please click here access this.
- Gymnasts must come prepared to train, this includes being fully dressed and attending with a drink bottle.
- Gymnasts will be asked to sanitise upon entering the gymnastics space and regularly throughout the class as they move through different apparatus.
- Hygiene stations have been setup around the facility, stations can be found in the gymnastics hall and at the entrance and exit to the centre
- We also ask all participants to go to the toilet prior to arrival to avoid any unnecessary disruption once the class starts.
- Gymnasts must wash their hands after using the toilet and if they touch their face or mouth at any time.
- We ask that all parents adhere to the timeframes around dropping off and collecting your child to avoid any unnecessary disruptions to programming.
Drop off and pick up procedures
- Temperature checking will take place each time you enter the facility, anyone with a temperature 38 degrees or above is not allowed to enter the centre.
- Due to the current restrictions, we will not be allowing parents/guardians of school aged children to spectate gymnastics at this time. You will need to drop your child off, leave and return to collect them when their class is finished.
- Should you wish to speak with a member of the gymnastics team we are encouraging this via firstname.lastname@example.org or by booking a call back appointment. Staff will be available for urgent matters only onsite.
- Two emergency contacts must be listed on our system, including the parent/guardian dropping the child off who must have their phone with them during the class.
- You must arrive no earlier than five minutes prior to the class start time. Classes will run for a period of 45-minutes. You will be required to pick your child up at the conclusion of the class.
- Capacity limits and physical distancing applies at all times. Parents/Guardians with gymnasts in Pre-gym/ KinderFun or Gozone classes are permitted to remain on-site if your child/children require supervision. Siblings are not permitted.
- Please ensure you familiarise yourself with the new procedures for dropping off and picking up your child from Gymnastics in the Boroondara Sports Complex Gymnastics Handbook. Please click here to access this.
- Late arrivals may result in entry not being permitted.
- Government requirements specify we must record your name, contact number and time of attendance.
- This information is stored securely and will only be provided to the DHHS if required
- To ensure we are complying with the government’s contact tracing legislation, we’re implementing a new process whereby all responsible parents/guardians of swimming lesson and gymnastics members will be required to present their pre-registered QR code every time their child attends a lesson.
It is important that if a child attends the facility for lessons with multiple parents / guardians, or if this changes from week to week, that all responsible parents/guardians register for their own individual QR code. How to register and receive your QR code:
- Click here to fill out the visitor registration form.
- Include any additional visitors, such as minors who are attending the centre with you. Minors who attend the centre alone (in line with centre conditions of entry) will need to fill out a separate visitor registration form.
- Ensure all your details are correct – particularly your email address.
- Check the confirmation box at the end of the form and select the ‘next’ button.
- Please present your QR code each time you visit the centre.
We understand this is a change to your regular experience at our centre, and we appreciate your cooperation in keeping our community safe.