At Boroondara Sports Complex we care about access and inclusion. That's why we offer people of all abilities the opportunity to participate in a safe and clean environment with qualified, enthusiastic and reliable staff.
Boroondara Sports Complex is committed to community accessibility and ensuring that barriers to participation are reduced for those in need. That's why we offer a wide variety of accessible facilities (see below). We also offer different memberships to help those in our community who are least likely or unable to participate. This includes offering concessional pricing and discounted entry for holders of Companion, Carer and Seniors Cards.
We offer a range of accessible facilities that help provide access to people of all abilities, including:
- wide clear internal and external walkways;
- pram parking;
- staff available to read information;
- lifts with buttons raised with Braille;
- handrail inside lifts;
- clear wheelchair circulation space;
- assistance animals welcome;
- fixed pool hoist;
- pool ladder entry points and handrails;
- unisex, accessible toilets with sensory lighting;
- shower with HHSH, grab bars, hooks and bench;
- baby change.
For more information on our accessibility services, take a look at our Access Key.
The Access Key is an accessibility guide to the centre. Our Access Key has been developed to help users: understand what to expect before attending our centre; determine the suitability of an experience; alleviate anxiety about visiting new places; and interpret and process the experience whilst at the centre.