Full schedule resumes Monday 11 January 2021
After months of restrictions, we are excited to announce that our full schedule of Gymnastics classes will resume from Monday 11 January 2021.
Current families will receive an email which confirms the day and time for each lesson associated with their Gymnastics membership.
Visit our "Gymnastics classes are back" page for further details on membership reactivation, lesson times and our COVID safe practices.
We are excited to announce we are resuming our casual based gymnastics classes
- Adult Gymnastics (Thursday 8:15pm – 9:15pm)
- PlayGym (Wednesday 9:30am – 10:15am & 10:30am – 11:15am)
Due to current health restrictions, we have limited service offerings and are operating within advised capacity restrictions.
Please note that all participants and guardians (aged 12 years and above) will be required to wear a face mask as often as practicable (e.g. when entering the gym and waiting for class to start), but removed for strenuous exercise and any activities where it may present a hazard (e.g. cartwheels or summersalts)
PlayGym – all children attending require a booking
To book a session, please use the Book Now button below
Boroondara Sports Complex is home of the Balwyn Gymnastics Club. We are proudly affiliated with Gymnastics Australia and Gymnastics Victoria.
We run a range of gymnastics programs from children aged 9 months through to school-aged children preparing for gymnastics competitions. We also offer programs designed for children with intellectual disabilities. Our qualified gymnastics experts help children develop new skills which can be transferred into their everyday lives.
In response to the global COVID-19 pandemic, a number of changes have been made to ensure the safe delivery of our program. Information containing the changes to our programming can be found in our Parent Information Handbook. This handbook has been designed to provide key information to those attending the gymnastics program and includes key information including:
- Changes to existing processes and procedures
- Expectations in a COVID safe environment (Our COVID Safety Plan)
- Changes to program operation
- Hygiene and cleaning processes
- Facility layout information
- Supervision and traffic management
Processes & Procedures
- Children will arrive and scan their membership card at reception to record their attendance
- Parents/Guardians entering the facility will need to come prepared with their pre-registered QR code and scan this at entry
- Due to the current density quotient of 1 person per 4sqm parents/guardians are not permitted to spectate for school-aged programming.
- Only one parent/guardian/carer is permitted to remain in the facility for pre-school age children (Parent Viewing Room Capacity = 15 people).
- Sanitiser will be available at both the main entry and entry to the gymnastics space. We ask that all those entering sanitise hands before entering
- Gymnasts to leave belongings with parents then line up at the gymnastics entry door where TIC and coaches will direct classes to areas.
- For parent-assisted classes a gymnast plus maximum one parent/guardian will be permitted.
- Where 1.5m social distancing is unable to be maintained, a face covering is recommended.
- Parents are asked to arrive on time for collection of gymnasts
- Gymnastics will be directed by their coach at the conclusion of their class to the designated drop off/pick up point where parents can wait to collect their gymnasts.
- Familiarise yourself with entry and exit points on the map as alternative exits are being utilised to manage traffic flow
- Gymnasts will be dismissed as parent recognised or announced
- Gymnasts and parent/guardian to sanitise hands before leaving
COVIDSafe Environment – Our COVID Safety Plan
Our full COVID Safety Plan can be viewed here
Temperature scanning provides a layer of protection by identifying those who may have a high temperature. All staff and contractors will have temperature checks prior to commencing work. Should a temperature above 38 degrees be detected an additional test(s) will be completed and should subsequent tests confirm this reading, staff will be asked to return home.
Physical Distancing Requirements
- A distance of 1.5m between people throughout our facilities and programs
- All spaces have been measured and 4m2 capacity restrictions are in place where required
- Removal of seating and equipment has occurred to ensure social distancing
Signage and Instruction
- Hygiene signage and floor, seat and bench decals have been installed to guide patrons
- Areas within the facility have signs advising of capacity, these limits must be complied with at all times
Increased Hygiene and Cleaning
- Hand sanitiser stations have been installed at entry/exit, in high touch point areas and areas of high traffic
- Cleaning has been increased with staff regularly cleaning touch points
- Where required all staff, visitors and patrons will wear a mask within Y facilities.
- All staff have been trained in COVID Safety training provided by the Health Department
- Staff have undergone Y Victoria training and signed commitment to being COVID-Safe
- In the event of a confirmed case of COVID-19 the Y has an 8 step confirmed case process which ensures isolation, reporting, tracing and cleaning occurs before an area or facility can reopen. Everyone who enters our facility will have their details recorded to assist with contact tracing.
- Most classes have been reduced by 15-minutes to ensure we have sufficient time for class changeover and to conduct essential cleaning between groups.
- In order to achieve our 15-minute change over process we have made two key changes
- Gymnast of the week certificates will not be distributed in the last minutes of classes. We are working on alternative methods to recognise our gymnasts during this time.
- The warm-up will now be incorporated into the initial apparatus rotation with your class
Make Up Classes
- Members can access a maximum of four make-up classes per calendar year. Make-up classes are dependent on vacancies in other classes.
- In order to maximise activities during the class we ask that if you have a question about your child's progression, class day/time or other matters that this be done via phone or email. Parents can contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or can book a call back appointment here
- Zones have been developed within the gymnastics area to ensure the environment is controlled.
- These zones have been measured out with the total square metres of each zone known.
- This has enabled us to easily manage the amount of people in a zone and assists in keeping separating students.
- Gymnasts will be required to stay as a group during classes and stay within their designated zone.
Cleaning and Hygiene
- Sanitisation stations have been placed around the gymnastics area, including entry and exit into the space.
- Prior to and throughout each class, gymnasts will be required to complete a lot of personal sanitisation. This may include, when changing zones, prior to or after using a piece of equipment and should they need sneeze or cough.
- Additional cleaning will occur between classes and where possible equipment which cannot be wiped clean has been removed from circulation or covered.