Junior Futsal is a great sport for building children's athleticism, confidence and decision making skills.
Futsal is a popular form of football (soccer) played indoors on a small hard court. It's essentially a scaled down version of outdoor soccer played with touchline boundaries.
Games are played with two teams of five players (including goalkeepers) who use a smaller, harder, low bound ball. Futsal is recognised as FIFA's official indoor version of soccer and is used by outdoor players to maintain their skills. The game emphasises creativity and technique. It is also a great social outlet for players.
We host junior futsal games for primary school-aged children (Prep to Grade 5).
Due to restricted space of court usage, the Boroondara Sports Complex can only admit a certain number of teams. Team entry into the competition will be based on order of submission in our online registration system below.
Games are held on Friday afternoons during the school term.
How to take part
How to enter the competition
We welcome new and returning teams to enter our Junior Futsal competition. To express interest in joining our program:
- Complete the Junior Futsal contact form below and select 'Team registration' under 'Reason for submission'.
- A member of our team will review your submission and contact you to advise on availability for the current or forthcoming season.
- Accepted teams will then need to complete an online registration process using the Sport Fix application. Teams must submit details about each player.
Please note: teams who enter the competition late (after season has commenced) are not guaranteed immediate entry. The grading and game times of late entry teams will be dependent upon availability within the fixture schedule.
Withdrawing from the competition
We understand that teams may need to forfeit or withdraw from the competition due to personal circumstances. If your team is considering withdrawing:
- Complete the Junior Futsal contact form below and select "Team withdrawal" as your reason for submission.
- A member of our team will review your submission and contact you to outline the next steps in this process.
Please note: we do not offer refunds to teams or individual players who forfeit or withdraw from the competition mid-season.
Finals rounds qualifications
Finals rounds are scheduled for those teams who finish the standard season in the top four positions of the fixtures ladder. We normally operate the following finals schedule:
- Semi finals: Two games with the top four teams. Team 1 vs Team 4 and Team 3 vs Team 4.
- Grand final: The two winning teams from the semi finals compete in the grand final.
To qualify for the final, all players in a team must have attended a minimum of 50% of games throughout the season. Attendance records will be verified to confirm this qualification.
Byes do not count towards finals eligibility. Our program does not make any allowances towards this rule. Any team that plays a player that has not qualified for finals will result in a forfeit. To ensure player eligibility is confirmed, teams are asked to complete an attendance record for each game. This record must be filled out thoroughly and should include details for each player who participated during the game. Prior to the start of each season, registered teams can advise our team which weeks they would prefer a bye. All bye requests must be subitted using the form below and selecting 'Requesting a bye' under 'Reason for submission'.
Please understand that such requests are not guaranteed and that any requests made after the full fixture is completed cannot be processed. Please note we will not be taking time preference requests. We aim to build a fixture that is fair for all teams. Time slots are based on divisions.
Junior futsal terms and conditions
Read the player, spectator, and coach code of conduct, as well as the policies on heat, forfeiting and COVID-19 in our junior futsal terms and conditions document.
Players from each team are charged an individual player fee of $252.00 (plus additional surcharges). This fee covers the following for each 16 week season:
- access to the BSC stadium,
- insurance cover for the individual player,
- administration of fixtures and results.
- stadium maintenance and upkeep.
Please note: individual player fees are non-refundable if player withdraws from the competition (medical exemptions may apply). All individual player fees are due prior to the first regular season game at the latest.
Date Round Friday 04 February Grading round 1 Friday 11 February Grading round 2 Friday 18 February Grading round 3 Friday 25 February 1 Friday 04 March 2 Friday 11 March 3 Friday 18 March 4 Friday 25 March 5 Friday 01 April 6 Friday 08 April No games Friday 15 April No games Friday 22 April 7 Friday 29 April 8 Friday 06 May 9 Friday 13 May 10 Friday 20 May 11 Friday 27 May 12 Friday 03 June 13 Friday 10 June 14 Friday 17 June Semi finals Friday 24 June Grand finals
Fixtures and results
Sport Fix is an application used to register teams and track their performance in sporting competitions. Boroondara Sports Complex uses this application to track the fixtures of our Mixed Netball and Junior Futsal competitions. During sports seasons participating teams can use the search function to identify their place on the fixture.
Do you have query about the current fixtures?
Complete the Junior Futsal contact form below and select "Fixtures and results" as your reason for submission. A member of our team will contact you to provide a response.
Sport Fix portal
It is the responsibility of all teams to ensure they have correct uniforms. Teams have a three week window from the beginning of each season to have matching uniforms. Penalties will apply to teams who do not abide by these rules. It is compulsory for all players to wear shin guards and long socks that cover the entire guard.
Penalties are as follows: 2 points per garment after round 3.
Boroondara Sports Complex encourages sportsman-like behaviour. Players, coaches and spectators must never argue with an official. If you disagree, have your coach approach the official after the completion of the game.
All players, coaches and spectators must adhere to the code of conduct terms and conditions at all times.
- All players must be between 5 and 12 years old.
- All team fees must be paid prior to Round 1.
- Five players per side on court during the match (including goalie).
- 2 x 15 minute halves per game.
- One Boroondara Sports Complex Umpire per game.
- One Boroondara Sports Complex Umpire Supervisor monitors all 5 courts on the day.
- Shin guards are required to play each game – No shin guards, no game.
- Any injuries (including casts) must be brought to the attention of the Umpire Supervisor prior to the player taking to the court.
- Fill in players are permitted, at $20 per game.
COVID safe practices
- Please only arrive at the centre a couple of minutes prior to your game time.
- We ask that players come prepared to play, in uniform.
- Please bring a filled water bottle that is labelled.
- If a player is unwell or has been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19, please do not attend your scheduled class and contact the centre immediately.
Where possible, only one supervising adult should accompany each player to their games.