The Active Movers membership is specifically designed to support people over 50 build fitness and strength.
It's never too late to be fit and healthy. As we get older, physical exercise becomes increasingly important for a wide range of physical and mental health reasons.
Members receive access to our facilities and a wide range of age-specific classes including aquatic and land classes, in addition to all mainstream aquatic classes.
The cost is $18.15 per week, or $16.75 concession, with two membership options. Commitment membership involve a contract of six months, with a joining fee of $50. Our flexi membership has a $99 joining fee and no lock in contract.
- Monday - Friday: 8:00am - 3:00pm
- Saturday - Sunday: All day
Facilities and classes
With this membership you'll enjoy access to:
- gyms at all facilities during designated access hours
- group fitness classes and aquatic group fitness classes during access hours
- outdoor pools (Ashburton, Hawthorn, Boroondara Sports Complex)
- indoor pools (Ashburton, Hawthorn, Kew)
- warm water pools (Ashburton, Hawthorn)
- spa and sauna (Ashburton, Kew)
- stadiums (Ashburton, Boroondara Sports Complex)
- lockers to store your gear securely
- Personal Success Plan including a full induction process and access to ongoing tailored programming with our qualified trainers.
Personal Success Plan
The Personal Success Plan is designed around you, to help you reach your fitness goals. We’re pleased to be able to offer this complimentary service to all new gym members.
Your Personal Success Plan will kick-start with a 30 minute one-on-one induction with a qualified trainer. Your trainer will listen to your goals and tailor a program to suit your needs and fitness level. You’ll receive:
- one-on-one consultation and goals session with a qualified trainer
- complete body composition tracking with our state-of-the-art EVOLT 360 body composition scanner.
- full fitness program tailored to your fitness goals
- a second 30 minute follow-up appointment to assess your progress and adjust your program
- a third 30 minute session with a qualified instructor to re-assess your fitness and progress your program.
You can book your Personal Success Plan appointments in person at the gym or at reception.
Seminars and events
- Free Full Moon Meditation (first Friday of every month at Ashburton)
- Access to nutrition seminars and YMCA Healthy Living Magazine at Ashburton, Boroondara or Hawthorn
- Monthly member events
- Child care facilities (all locations)
- 10% off merchandise
- YMCA member benefits card, giving you reciprocal rights when visiting our other facilities in Victoria
- 12 weeks free suspension
Register your interest